CO Scare At Local Trailer Park

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2017 10:04 AM

Another reminder of the importance of installing functional Carbon Monoxide detectors.

An Arbourjade trailer park homeowner and the residents' pets weren't harmed following a CO scare late Thursday night.

Oxdrift Fire crews responded to a report of a Carbon Monoxide alarm around 11:30.

An investigation determined the homeowner was using a propane fired canon-style heater to melt some ice from the plumbing underneath the mobile home.

Officials say CO levels inside and outside were high to near fatal.

The all-clear has been given for the homeowner to return.